28 May 2007

All is Revealed

As most of you guessed, the cosmo of Friday Eye Candy fame was not actually frozen. We did have the real machine there, mixing frozen cosmos up (they were yummy!), but they melted much much too fast to shoot under the hot lights. Thankfully, I had already been at work mixing up my own recipe! The secret ingredient I had in mind was shaving cream, so Caroline is the first winner! Other ingredients were: cosmopolitan mix (no other coloring was used) and fake ice whirled in a blender after being hydrated. I also used glycerin on the outside of the glass to simulate a little condensation (the client didn't want much) and on the lime garnish. There was no vodka in the drink - it was a virgin cosmo (let's see what weird Google hits I get out of this entry!). :) The lime was real. It was cut that morning in the studio (by me) using a very very sharp knife. I shaved the pith off the back so that it would curl better and then sprayed it with an acrylic coating to keep it looking fresh.

But I digress! If you said fake ice, shaving cream, glycerin, or polymers (like in diapers, fake snow or those little crystals to keep flowers fresh), I entered you in the second random drawing. The random number from random.org was 6. The sixth correct commenter (leaving out Caroline) was...LisaK!

So Caroline and LisaK, please send me your addresses! :)

I loved seeing all of your responses! Thank you everyone for entering! This contest was even more fun than the original photo shoot, and being a photo stylist was a complete blast! :)


Labels:

12 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never dreamed shaving cream. It is a great picture and congrats to those lucky winners.

1:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shaving cream?! Who would have thought! Awesome!

1:27 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Congrats to Caroline and LisaK for being so clever ;-) Is it too early to toast them with a cosmo right now?

2:45 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

How funny! I love those little 'behind the scenes' peeks...

4:55 AM  
Blogger AR said...

Yay! Lucky winners.

5:12 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

It did look good- but it shows that all that glitters may not be gold.

Or drinkable, for that matter.

6:11 AM  
Blogger Dr. Steph said...

Missed the contest. That drink scares me.

But a real frozen cosmo would be yummy. Never thought of making it that way.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

So cool! Your photo styling skillz are amazing and creative. Thanks for the fun contest.

10:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOOHOOOO!!! (happy dance!) (co-workers staring)

Awesome! I almost never win anything. Yipppeeee!

1:02 PM  
Blogger thursday said...

Well, next time I have to photograph something like that...I'll know to have shaving cream on hand!

4:03 PM  
Blogger costumechick said...

I'm tagging you for a meme! Details on my blog posting for May 30th.
http://costumechick.blogspot.com/

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I just looked at it and thought, what would do that??? and shaving cream popped into my head! And everyone may certainly toast anything and everything with a cosmo whenever they want!

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home