22 May 2007

Bunny Love

#1 Son has not been sleeping for the last two nights at least. And that is because he knew that today, this very day and none other, we would be picking up a rabbit for his 4H project. We have been talking to The Rabbit Lady and her daughter for some time now. They raise Rhinelanders, which are apparently somewhat rare in the US. And when #1 Son saw them, he knew he had to have one. I tried my very very best to convince him to go with an Angora. Truly I did! I even lined up a place for him to sell the angora fluff! Alas. Maybe next time. :)

#1 Son named his rabbit Dart, which I thought was pretty clever! Here is #1 Son with The Rabbit Lady's Daughter and Dart:

Here is #1 Son with a profound look of satisfaction on his face, holding Dart:

It's Bunny Love!

Vivian tagged me again for the 7 things, so I will answer another 7 and then I won't be passing it on. Feel free to grab it if you like! :) First, in answer to some questions.

1. I used to play French horn and have a Bachelor of Music in Performance from Eastman School of Music.

2. Sydney was great! On my Australia trip (yes - to the east coast) I also visited Melbourne (most of the time was spent there), Canberra, Wangaretta and Mittagong. I think those are spelled correctly! It was a wonderful trip and I loved Australia.

Other random facts:

3. I am an ENTP on the Myers-Briggs personality test.

4. I have a Masters degree in Radio and Television (broadcast journalism).

5. My first real job in high school was at a fabric store.

6. I am an only child.

7. My favorite foods are sushi, Thai food and Vietnamese food. Oh...and chocolate. :)

So that's that!

Not much knitting, stealth or otherwise, has happened in the past few days since The Husband broke several toes. *sigh* Poor guy!

Hope y'all are having a great week! :)

Labels: , ,

20 Comments:

Blogger 5penny said...

beautiful bunny, even if it's not angora!

thanks for stopping by.

12:56 AM  
Blogger Marina said...

Ooo, lucky kid! Dart is a cutie and Big. Did you know that there is a rabbit-proof fence separating W.A. from the rest of the states? But, they're legal now!

2:40 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Your son is so cute, and the fact that he names his bunny 'Dart' is killing me!!

I love Vietnamese food too btw and it is not at all readily available here in central PA:(

3:58 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

I've been trying to convince my hubby I need an angora. He doesn't seem to think I'm responsible enough. Apparently, I'm responsible enough to take care of a dog and homeschool two kids, but not take care of a bunny :-)

6:30 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

That is a wonderful rabbit- it looks like bunny love for sure.

I hope he has a great time with his new buddy- even if there isn't alot of fiber to be had.

7:24 AM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

Kid with bunny is darling! I worked in a fabric department of a large store and spent every dime I made on fabric!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Oh, what a beautiful bunny! Yesterday I was with some friends (ages 2 and 5) while eating lunch at a local cafe and we were playing bunny! We must be on your wavelength or something...enjoy!

PS: I love Vietnamese, Thai and Sushi too. We'll have to eat together in person someday.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Boy and bunny are both beautiful! (Alliteration, much?) Hope hubby's healed and hopping again soon. (Sometimes you just have to give in.) :)

9:51 AM  
Blogger Vivian said...

Sushi and chocolate go well together. Cold Vietnamese rice noodles with peanut sauce is perfect on a summer day.

I was just talking to a friend about not having visited the wine country after living in the bay area for 15 years. think I really should!

10:58 AM  
Blogger mle said...

How cute is your son with his new bunny!! absolutely adorable!
I want a bunny too!

2:00 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Cute bunny!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

What a cute bunny :)

For Vietnamese/Sushi/Thai you (including Joanne) should come to Vancouver! (hint - hint)

I think I'm an INFJ but I could be wrong.

5:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, what a cute little bunny - your boy seems to be so happy with it! This certainly will be the beginning of a great friendship!

5:51 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

aaawwww

6:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dart bunny is sooo cute (as is your son btw!). Dart does look a tad startled in the photo though. Does he know that he can't be knit?

8:33 PM  
Blogger Melanie said...

The look on #1 son's face says it all, it's wonderful. I hope DH is not feeling too poorly and that his toes mend quickly.

10:25 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

Ouch! Poor hubby!

Cute bunny. But I totally agree, he should have gone with angora. My daugher wants a bunny but I'm resisting because I know darn well who'll be doing the cleanup.

10:40 PM  
Blogger AR said...

Yay, #1! Dart is a great name. Clever boy!

5:58 AM  
Blogger Faith said...

I find only children fascinating! I usually don't get along with y'all- I'm the oldest of three, and I'm bossy. It's something that I'm working on!

11:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh. What an a cute pair. The Boy and the Bunny. Dart is a very good name for a bunny. Love the variegated ears.

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home