31 May 2007

What I did over Memorial Day Weekend, Part II

The Friday before Memorial Day was for the fair! Here are the boys helping plant the half wine barrel for the fund raising auction on Saturday (caution: bad cell phone photo!).

And here is Boy with Rabbit: #1 Son in his 4H garb (minus tie) with Dart, getting ready to go to the fair for the Primary judging.

At 7, he is too young to compete in the Juniors or Seniors divisions, but this year, they had a new practice division for kids to start becoming accustomed to competition. The judges were wonderfully helpful and honest in their assessments. It was a great experience. Here he is during judging:

He did amazingly well, considering he has not been doing this for very long at all. By the time he's old enough to show, he'll be awesome! We were all totally thrilled. I think I should mention here that Dart is a show rabbit and not a market rabbit. Both are raised by 4H-ers. And can I also mention that I will never eat rabbit again? In fact, I'm thinking I will just become a vegetarian. Yep, that's the ticket. Soybeans aren't at all cute. ;)

Of course, I had to stop by and check out the sheep. Here's one that was checking me out a little too close!

And the award for the most stylin' sheep goes to...

She wouldn't tell me her name, but I'm sure it was a good one. :)

Tomorrow: the auction! A little hint about that cake I mentioned yesterday...it went for 4 figures!

Labels: ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Bwah! Very stylin' sheep, indeed! It seems like it was a blast.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Ann said...

Congrats to your son (and Dart) on their first show!

There will be more (ask me how I know this!)

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Of course Dart is a show rabbit with such natural good looks! Congrats to your son!

3:01 PM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That is too cute. But why stick with rabbits? Clearly sheep would be a good thing to raise too...

3:24 PM  
Blogger Marina said...

Maybe by next year, he'll have a sheep and a pygmy goat!

Did the cake have gold leaf and maybe a diamond or two?

4:49 PM  
Blogger Ronni said...

4 figures?!? Must be some cake alright.

Congrats to your son for doing so well.

5:15 PM  
Blogger lv2knit said...

The bunny is definitely a Blue Ribbon candidate in my book -- the kids, too!

5:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a ball. Those boys are getting big.Dart is a lovely rabbit. I can't eat rabbit either, they are way cute. Love the way their noses wrinkle and twitch.

Hey, your big boy did well. He didn't even look nervous.Terrific showing for both of them.

Best picture has to go to you catching that sheep checking you out! What a face. Priceless. You are a great photographer.

I am glad you had such a great time.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Susan aka Chicken Mama said...

I loved hanging out with you during the awards ceremony. Maybe next year we will spring for a pig. Bacon, anyone?

11:15 PM  
Blogger Susan aka Chicken Mama said...

PS: the boys are as darling as ever, and Dart is a fine looking bunny!

11:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh great - looks like you had a blast that weekend! Love the pics!

11:45 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

What a good lookin' clan you have!;) Glad you had a fun day together...

4:08 AM  
Blogger AR said...

Cute lil' 4-h guys! Looks like fun, I just love the stylin' sheep, too.

5:44 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Your boys are adorable. Dart is great too.

I've never eaten rabbit. You know how everyone says it tastes like chicken? Then why not just eat chicken? Bunnies are too cute!

I do occasionally eat -(whispers) lamb.

6:49 AM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Great pics. I'm sure you are so proud of your son, he looks like a good kiddo.

10:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for Boy & the rabbit...that's so cool. You didn't fondle the sheep, did you??

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home